Progress

I finished up the insulation on Friday and the subfloor on Saturday. I waited until the last minute to cover up the porch opening, because, true to my usual ‘no-planning until the last minute’ plan, I’ve decided to not have a porch, and to not even have the door in the ‘back’. I’m going to put either a full sized door or French double doors along the side, in front of the wheels. This will not only allow me to add my appliances and furniture later (again, planning comes later), but also if I ever back my house into a very tight spot, amongst the trees, for example, I won’t have to worry about turning the house around to have the door accessible.

IMG_2575 IMG_2574 IMG_2573

When I finished the decking, I found that I had done the impossible. I measured the it out, and the subfloor is only 1/16 of an inch off from being perfectly rectangular. I wasn’t trying or even hoping that it would end up that way, and was planning on finagling it later when I put up the walls. But now I don’t have to make any mods. I can start the walls! (As soon as I plan where to put the doors and windows, that is…)

Yeah, I was two fisting by then. It was an accident, but I was done with the power tools.

IMG_2579 IMG_2580  IMG_2581

Oh and hey, you can see the shed I built to hold my tools, too.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s